RogueSweeper is a mashup between a roguelike and a minesweeper game. Tap to reveal tiles, monsters, traps or items. Tap (or click) your way to the bottom of the infinite dungeon. How far can you go?
The game has a level scaling system that requires you to manage your XP. Will you buy that health potion and lose your current level or will you risk tapping on that monster?
Stats (Str and Evasion) scale with your level. Note that you can lose your current level by spending XP in the shop. Combat happens by tapping on an enemy. Destroying a monster will award you with food and maybe a free item!
- 5 items that can heal, feed, reveal the map and enemies and increase your stats,
- 8 enemies
- In-Game shop that allows you to buy items with your XP
- Generated dungeons with items, monsters and traps
- No end in sight! Delve deeper and deeper
- Available for Windows and Android
Want the source code? It’s on github (MIT licensed). Want more info on the game, rules, items and enemies? Download the manual. It’s free.
I initially made the game during Global Game Jam 2015. This is the post-jam version. I priced it at 1.30€, which is how much a beer costs in my country. So buy me a beer and play my take on a casual roguelike.